Category: Non-Exempt Category:
This document describes the major responsibilities of the Freezer/Cooler associate. This employee’s primary
duty is assisting Freezer/cooler manager, Assistant Freezer/Cooler Manager, and Area Freezer/Cooler
Manager managing all aspects of the freezers/coolers. This employee spends over 80% of their scheduled
time working in the freezers/coolers, but must perform stocker/carryout duties when requested by
- Customer Service orientation, friendly personality
- Experience in merchandise presentation (displays, signing, product rotations)
- Ability to self-start to complete work requirements
- Ability to get to work at assigned starting times & complete assigned tasks
- Flexibility in scheduling. We are a seven-day a week operation, nights and weekends.
Essential functions/Job Responsibilities
- Customer Service-Meet customer needs with a smiling face and remembering that the customer always
comes first. Handle all customer questions and concerns
- Insures that all perishable products are put into the proper temperature as quickly as possible.
- Maintain a high level of productivity within the department.
- Regularly check temperatures in freezers/coolers to insure proper temperature is maintained.
- Inventory cycles
- Conduct bar code/zebra label audits
- Consistent product rotations in the back stock/selling floor
- Organized back stock freezer/selling floor
- Surface cleaning of freezers/coolers for optimal merchandise presentation/marketing
- Daily product outs/lows monitoring and communication to all levels of management.
- Proper pricing and shelf label integrity.
- Follow all daily/weekly SOP’s and protocols to ensure department is having optimal sales and profit.
- Reporting all issues to Assistant Freezer/Cooler Manager, Freezer/Cooler Manager, Area Freezer/Cooler
Manager, Store Management.
- Will perform function of Receiving Associate when required by Store Management.
Environmental Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Must lift boxes and equipment-up to 85 lbs. (Required)
- Transfer of product to sales floor required.
- Exposure to EXTREME weather conditions required-will be working in freezers and coolers
As assigned between 8am & 7pm Monday through Saturday, 10am-4pm Sunday
High School Diploma or GED Preferred
2965 Summer Ave, 1665 Winchester or 3292 Austin Peay
Careers At Lit
Interested in what jobs are available? Submit your contact info.
See our active job listings on the Lit Jobs page.